Sunday 2 June 2013

Review : Soap&Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker


The retro packaging of soap & glory always attracts my attention! And this was no exception despite being in the mid-price range at 7.25. A bit dear for a lip-gloss but this one claims to give you a bigger, fuller and sexier pout upon application. And like all soap and glory products smells DELISHIOUS.


I chose the ‘pink apricot’ as I thought it would most suit my skin tone. It is also available in  that particular boots in ‘Half naked’ a deep bronze colour and a very faint pink in ‘candy gloss’. Other shades like ‘punch bowl’ and ‘yummy plum’ are available in other outlets and online.
The pigmentation was disappointing though as it calls itself ‘super-colour’ but gives only the faintest of peach sheen to my lips.
The texture of the gloss at first looked as though it was going to be like a sticky and tacky cheap gloss familiar to all 90’s gals obsessed with make-up! It is sticky I can’t lie, but I think it is all a part of the experience.  As you try to avoid your lips making contact it causes you to pout. The formula of the gloss is durable and doesn't stray over time or in heat. I was very impressed with this as the messiness of lip-gloss normally puts me off.
 Semi success so far – but is it actually plumping my lips?

There is a tingling sensation on your lips a few seconds after application and will tingle until you remove the gloss. The longest I could manage to keep the gloss on was forty minutes and you could still feel it! A word of advice, the gloss dose taste nice but avoid licking your lips as your tongue will tingle too, believe me !
It’s a plant extract that causes this tingle and slightly inflames you lips giving a ‘plump’ effect. 



Id rate this gloss a bias 6.5/10 as I really have a soft spot if all things soap and glory!
The sweet chocolate smell was also a beneficial point winner and lost out on the lack of pigmentation and over sold packaging information.
I would recommend this gloss for finished looks to gala events, debs and grads, weddings and special occasions, even nights out but not every-day wear due to the stickiness and price point.


Cliona 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I've nominated you for the Leibster Award, go to my blog to see the details :)
    emilykielthy.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great :) I really would like to try it :)

    ReplyDelete